Saturday, March 5, 2016

Whole 30 day 0

Hello world, my name is Laura, and I am a sugar addict. Dessert every day? Why not? Dessert twice a day? That sounds even more fun! I know I have a problem. That is why I gave up dessert for lent (the 40 or so days before Easter.) I knew it would be hard, and some days it has been. Mostly I don't miss it too too much which has been surprising. Well, if that wasn't enough, I decided to look up whole 30.

Have you heard of whole 30? I heard of it through lovely friends on Facebook. After seeing a couple posts, I decided to look up the details. I won't tell go into too many details, but basically it's a 30 day detox, and then you add foods slowly to see what foods make your body feel good, and what foods make them feel less than stellar.

After reading about it, I casually mentioned and explained a little about it to my friend, and she immediately jumped on board with two feet, before I was even committed. Well, now here we are, both ready to do it, and today was my last binge day before starting. I don't really want to tell you how much sugar I ate, but I will say it was more than 2 pieces of cake! Say what!? My meals are planned for the week, and my fridge and countertops are stocked with fresh fruits, veggies, meats, and nuts. I feel terrible right now (from all the cake I just ate), and I am excited and a little freaked out about braving the Whole 30 adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment